The Richmond Cricket Club was formed in 1854. It was a founding member of the Victorian District/Premier Cricket competition in 1906/07.
Richmond has produced 12 Australian Test representatives from 1877 onwards and many Victorian representatives.
- To be the most professional and successful cricket club in Victoria.
- To identify and develop cricketers capable of competing successfully at Grade, State and Test levels.
- To foster ongoing respect and success by providing a positive and enjoyable cricket experience for all, while developing players, people, and partnerships in the community.
- To provide an environment that encourages achievement, team spirit and sportsmanship.
- To encourage active participation in the club at all levels and by any person.
- To assist players to meet their maximum potential by maintaining pathways and partnerships at all levels.
- To offer the best facilities and coaching available.
- To provide a welcoming and friendly social atmosphere to club members, their families, and visitors.
- To maintain the history of the club by keeping links between the past and current members open.
- To ensure the future of the club through proper financial and corporate administration.
- To foster and develop ongoing relationships and building partnerships within the community and with club sponsors.